Everyone talks about it, but no one actually ever provides a complete list of what’s on theirs. They’ll give you a few choice morsels, but they back off when it comes to giving you the full meal deal. If you haven’t guessed, I’m talking about a bucket list. If you don’t know what a bucket list is (insert eye roll here) – it’s all of the incredible things that people want to do before they depart the earth and move on to their next life or go to heaven, or hang out in the warm place that we shall call Satan’s tea parlour. I’m breaking free and revealing what’s on my list, what’s off and what never will be on it.
Now for your reading pleasure….
- See the Little Mermaid Statue in Denmark – Hello! It’s one of the best fairy tales out there (Cinderella is the best) and Copenhagen was the home of one of my favourite kiddy authors – Hans Christian Anderson.
- See a Puffin – I’m not a bird lover, but hello, Puffins are adorable!
- See an Orca in the wild – as nature intended them to be. Sea World and Marine Land – I’m talking to you
- Go in a Shark Cage and see a Great White (and come out of the cage with all of my fingers and toes and not covered in bloody fish guck)
- Go to South America – maybe not the sucky countries
- Go back to Sydney, Nova Scotia, where I grew up, one last time
- Walk the Capilano Suspension Bridge in British Columbia
- Go to all ten provinces (I’ve been to 8 – Saskatchewan and Newfoundland, here I come) and 3 Territories (none so far)
- See all 50 States in the USA (even the questionable ones). So far, in no particular order, I’ve been to: 1) Hawaii, 2)Alaska, 3)California, 4) Nevada, 5) Arizona, 6) Texas, 7) Arkansas, 8) Tennessee, 9) Georgia, 10) Florida, 11) North Carolina, 12) Minnesota, 12) Ohio, 14) Louisiana, 15) Virginia, 16) Illinois, 17) Pennsylvania, 18) New Jersey, 19) New York and 20) Massachusetts. Just 30 more to go!
- See almost every country in Europe – some at least thrice – except some of the sucky ones! For some fun, I’m only going to tell you the countries that I have yet to see: 1) Sweden (I’ve seen Girl with the Dragon Tattoo – I know that there is weirdness there, but I’m going), 2) Finland (best name ever), 3) Denmark (see bullet point 1), 4) Poland, 5) Bulgaria, 6) Romania, 7) Estonia, 8) Belgium, 9) Croatia (dying to go here), 10) Cyprus (but I’ve been to Greece – does that cover it off?), 11) Monaco, 12) Luxembourg, 13) Serbia, 14) Slovenia (home to Melania Trump – maybe I’ll skip it?) 15) Lithuania (home to my lovely grandfather and favourite great uncles), 16) Belarus, 17) Ukraine (maybe I’ll skip this country or just not dress up as a Ukranian if I visit Russia – I wouldn’t want them to invade me), 18) Russia (most of my other relatives are from here, and who doesn’t want to see St. Petersberg?)
- Go to Bora Bora in Tahiti Tahiti – it looks amazing, plus, I like a place that’s so nice that they named it twice
- See the Northern Lights
- See all of the Disney Theme Parks around the world – Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong, I’m coming for you! And don’t judge me – it’s the happiest place on earth
- Speaking of Tokyo – I also want to go to Japan
- …and New Zealand
- ..and Singapore – who doesn’t love a clean destination
- …and Thailand
- See Bill Clinton speak live – I saw Hillary and she was pretty fab, plus I have to have a few non-travel related items on the list
- Have the best day ever and know that it’s the best day ever
- Go to an NFL game in the USA. I went to a Steelers game. I discovered that football is just as boring in person as it is on TV AND they took away my purse because it was too big to pass security regulations
- Own a YSL Muse bag – thanks to Woodbury Common, I have this in my purse wardrobe for less than half the price AND it’s the original Muse with the Y (if you are a guy reading this, it’s like you finding one of your collectible dolls, sorry action figures or a really great Laz-E-Boy chair on sale)
- Teach an important life lesson to someone that they’ll value
- Make 10 people cry tears of happiness
- Have dinner once with my whole immediate family
- Write a blog for one year (ahem, my blog celebrated it’s third anniversary)
Off the List:
- See George Michael in concert – sad to say, I’ve never seen this musical genius
Never on the List and Never Will Be and Don’t Tell Me Never Say Never ‘Cause it’s NEVER:
- Bungee Jumping
- Hand Gliding or any aerial trick
- Space Travel
I don’t have a death wish and I get motion sick so they are all out for me. So, now that you know what’s on my, tell me what’s on yours? I need some inspiration and some non-travel related bucket list items so I want to plagiarize yours!