I never thought it would take 3 whole days to review my top things that I’m ungrateful for, but it does take some thought. Here are my last 5 items:
21. I’m not grateful for wasps – the buzz-buzz kind that can sting you, not the politely clapping, handkerchief-carrying kind that can also sting you, just not in the same way
22. I’m not grateful that every day feels like Groundhog Day – like I’m living the same one over and over again.
23. I’m not grateful that my dear friend asked me if I was having a mid-life crisis when it’s perfectly obvious that I’m no- where near middle age. Everyone knows that I’ll live to be at least 110, so I have more than a decade before I hit it.
24. I’m not grateful that when I had to go to Shoppers Drug Mart yesterday, my friend got excited about their toilet paper prices, not their fabulous array of cosmetics. Maybe I am middle-aged.
25. I’m not grateful that saying please and thank you has become a dying art, not the right thing to do.
I am grateful that I finally finished this list. It’s difficult to think of all of things wrong in the world when it’s apparent with the struggle that I had with this list, that there is a lot more that’s right.