Dr. Oz’s goal is to keep people healthy for as long as possible. Although I am taking his advice as much as possible, sometimes, I ponder the things that I want to do in life which then drives me to write probably one of the overdone blog posts ever – the very popular bucket list. If you aren’t familiar, it’s your list of things that you want to accomplish before you kick the bucket, drop off the face of the planet forever, head off to the happy hunting ground, go to the great beyond, meet your dog at the Rainbow Bridge…I guess you get the point? My list is large and things get added as I think of them or a brilliant idea pops into my head. A bucket list is awesome for me – I’m very goal oriented. Last year, I got to cross four items off the list – pretty impressive. I’m not doing quite as well this year. I only got to tick one item off. For your inspiration (well, maybe not), here are ten items from my huge list:
- Go to all ten Canadian provinces and two out of the three territories. Sorry Nunavut – you don’t make the cut! I’ve been to all provinces except for Saskatchewan whose almost rectangular shape has always been a draw for me AND Newfoundland. I’ve never been to either the Northwest Territories or the Yukon, but I’m guessing it will happen.
British Columbia – isn’t it pretty?
2. Go to all 50 US States – even the bad ones (I won’t name them – I don’t want to insult anyone). Here are the States that I’ve already visited: 1) New York, 2) New Jersey, 3) Pennsylvania, 4) Massachusetts, 5) Ohio, 6) Florida, 7) Tennessee, 8) Texas, 9) California, 10) Nevada, 11) Alaska, 12) Hawaii, 13) Minnesota, 14) Arizona, 15) Illinois, 16) Arkansas…and that’s it! I have 34 States to go! This is all so stressful!
3. See every country in Europe except the one or two where I may get killed. So far, I’ve visited Ireland, Scotland, Iceland, Norway, Hungary, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Malta and the Netherlands. The stupid Baltic States are really ruining it for me. Why are there so many?
The Astronomical Clock in Prague – best name for a clock…ever…
4. See a Puffin. Do you know that I’ve been to Iceland (twice) and the Faroe Islands and I saw the exotic…sea gull. Seriously, I just want to see a cute little Puffin. Is that so much to ask? I can’t include a pic because I don’ t have any…
5. See a killer whale in the wild. I love whales, and I’ve seen pilot whales, hump back whales, beaked whales, a minke whale, but never the lovely ORCA! Again, no pic but one day, I’ll update this.
6. Now for an intangible…have the best day ever, and know it’s the best day ever. I’ve had some really great days but now, I just need the day of days, the pinnacle, the peak, the perfection…
7. See Bill Clinton speak in person…I love the man, such charisma. I went to his Presidential Library in Little Rock and to the Governor’s Mansion there as well. I know what you are thinking, close, but no cigar (sorry, some really bad Monica Lewinsky humour).
8. See George Michael perform.
9. Teach an important life lesson to someone…anyone…any takers?
10. Keep a blog for an entire year. I think that will be my one completed item for the year.
Today, I’m grateful to you for reading. Good luck with your own bucket list. If you have any suggestions or some cool things that you’ve checked off of your own list, please comment!