This week was a little busy so I didn’t have a lot of time to plan or put some thought into this entry, so you are going to get a little of everything…starting with more decluttering! Today’s clean sweep included:
Items for Donation
- 2 camisoles
- 1 pair of roaring Lion King slippers – fabulous, yes, but never worn
- 1 cape
- 1 top
- 1 pair of glow in the dark Disney boxer shorts (never worn with the tag to prove it)
- 1 pair of pjs
- TOTAL OF 7 ITEMS
- 53 orphan socks. I finally realized, that they are never going to be found and it was time to give up the dream of reuniting them with their lonely mates and stop the clutter that this huge pile of singles was creating
- 7 pairs of socks – even though they were happily paired off, they were old and ugly and it was time to put them (and me) out of their misery
- 1 pair of slippers – remember Isotoner slippers? Well, neither do most people – it was time to say good bye
- 2 camisoles – as loved as they were, they were faded and pilling which means saying adios!
- 1 pair of pjs
- 2 bras and 7 pairs of fine washables – enough said
- TOTAL OF 73 ITEMS!
- GRAND TOTAL – 80 ITEMS
I reached my goal of going through all of the clothes in my bedroom by the end of September. Now comes the fun part – going though all of the other knick knacks, jewellery, papers, music, memories and who knows what else that is cluttering my apartment and my life. That’s what’s going to take the remainder of the year. Thanks Dr. Oz, for this project – it’s time consuming, but rewarding at the same time. If it’s something that you have been putting off, I highly recommend it – it really has helped with stress. It’s a mindless task, so in it’s own way, it’s meditative and it makes me feel, every week, like I’ve reached some self-imposed, yet attainable goal.
This week, my niece also celebrated her birthday. It was so nice to get to celebrate with her on the actual day. Watching her become an opinionated, ethical and hilarious adult has been one of my greatest joys. She is really something else. I’ve gushed about her before (the blog about her graduation), but I can’t say enough about her. She’s talented (a great writer), has great beauty tips, is my IT support, my own private stand up comic – no one makes me laugh more and a great person to have around when I need a life check. Telling me to stop humiliating myself over my fear and disgust of fruit flies is just one of her nuggets of wisdom. Happy Birthday to you Jess, you are fabulous and I’m very proud to be your aunt. I would have written an entire post about you, but I didn’t want you to think I was a total marshmallow.
Decluttering and time with family are two very healthy things that are Oz approved that you can do for yourself to make your life better and healthier. I’ve had a little of both this week and I’m very grateful for that!