I found Dr. Oz’s 30 Days of Beauty on doctoroz.com and thought that it would be a nice complement to “You Being Beautiful”. The first video that I found was about getting enough rest. Well – been there, blogged about that…on to tip 2 – I have a feeling that I can double up on the tips so I’ll include some of these suggestions every few days.
To get better skin, it is recommended that you get enough zinc. Women need 8 milligrams per day and of course they recommend that you get it from food. Sadly for me, a lot of the foods will not pass my lips, but just to give you some idea, here are a few things that you can add to your diet:
- Oysters – sorry for you slimey seafood lovers – but to me, it just tastes like something that fell out of an ox’s nose – but enjoy it on the half shell
- Kidney Beans – while I admit they don’t taste bad, they really do look like kidneys – but I’ve covered my feelings about this already
- Beef – great! But I don’t chow on cow
- Baked Beans – my mother used to give me these with hot dogs – I hated it then and it’s not happening now. I called it punishment food and along with beef stew it was one of my least favourite things. I know that some people like to eat them on toast – I’m not one of them
- Chicken dark and white meat although dark is a much better source. I love white meat – dark tastes to porky for this NJG – nice Jewish girl
- Almonds – got these covered
- Cashews – I like them, but seriously, how many more nuts can I eat?
- Oatmeal – I like it, but can’t eat it every day….which reminds me, I still have to eat the Scottish Oatmeal to see if it helps with sleep
- Frozen Peas – I like them, but not every day
While I’m out getting flax seed powder tomorrow, I’m going to try to find some low dose zinc – maybe this will be the combination to finally help me get my acne under control.